Linking internal pages - competent retention and user engagement
When thinking about how to make the site actively mentioned on other resources through all kinds of links, resource owners often forget that they need to take care of internal linking, since its quality is equally important for the final development of the portal. The popularity and relevance of the site directly depends on how often users visit certain pages. And if you manage to attract the reader to the information provided, it makes sense to try to delay him longer, and for this you just need a competent internal linking, due to which the visitor will move from one page to another, increasing the number of clicks and visits.
For this whole concept to work, page linking must be done correctly. It's not enough to just place links in random places and hope that the client clicks on it instead of passing by. There are several points to consider, including:
- The link must have a competent eyeliner. This is not just an insertion without any meaning, because in this case no one will be interested in it. For example, you can imagine that we are talking about Peugeot cars. In this case, it would be logical to mention in the text about any particular brand that drivers sometimes have to carry out engine repairs, and here there is an insertion of a link to an article about the features of engine repair. In this way, the text provides useful information and gives a hint to other useful information.
- When creating a site map, it is worth correctly placing a large number of links, but it is important not to oversaturate the page so that the linking does not turn into a pile. That is, on the main page of the site about Peugeot, there will be conditional categories of sedans, hatchbacks, station wagons, etc. And when you hover over one of these categories, a drop-down list of specific models of each type of body will appear with links to relevant articles telling about these brands. This way the site user will be able to move between pages faster, get more useful information and visit more pages.
- On each page, it is worth placing a separate block with several links related to the topic of the article. That is, if the user is reading an article about repairing a Peugeot engine, it would be logical to place a small insert on top, bottom or side, where there will be links to texts about chassis repairs, transmission or clutch repairs. The main thing is that such a block should not be too conspicuous, but simply offer the reader to look at other articles.
- Linking should be built in a competent way in order to hook as many sections as possible. From the main page there are links to important categories, from categories to subcategories, there to individual texts, and in the articles themselves to similar works. You don't need to make all the links to one specific text, even if it is very good. The user must maneuver between the pages, and not get acquainted with only one of them, and then leave the site.
- Well, do not forget that it should be a hyperlink, that is, a link hidden under a word or phrase. Otherwise, it will look extremely ridiculous.
Based on this information, one simple and logical conclusion can be drawn: the content of the site plays a key role in linking. The more articles there are on the portal, the higher their quality, the more opportunities for cross-linking will open up, and the longer the visitor will stay on the site. And in order to select a sufficient number of texts, you should use a plug-in for filling sites, with which it will be much easier to solve the task.
At first glance, it may seem that, by its very nature, linking is not so important and does not play a big role in promoting the site. Many owners of their own resources believe that if their portal is mentioned somewhere on the side, then this is more than enough to attract enough visitors and ensure the right level of clicks. But in fact, this is not the case at all. Regardless of the chosen topic, such a site is guaranteed not to be the only one on the Internet. This means that people who are interested in this topic and want to learn new information always have a choice which resource to visit. If they do not see articles on the right topic on a particular site, they will not spend a lot of time searching for it, but will immediately go to another place. Or just type in a search query in the browser and open the first link. But to be in the top of search engines, again, you need to do linking, which at the same time will help keep the visitor on the site, offering him more and more new information, and make the site more relevant. Among those points that can be achieved by posting links to other pages of the same portal, you can highlight:
- It is possible to achieve the so-called credibility of pages when most of the links lead to a particular section. And you can make several such pages so that they echo each other and, due to this, additionally raise their own status. For example, on the website about Peugeot cars, the creator previously asked what topics are most in demand among potential visitors and found out that most of all in the entire subject of the French brand, people are interested in repairing the clutch and replacing headlights. Accordingly, several texts about models refer to these two sections at once (where literate and unique texts should also be prepared). After that, the sections become authoritative. And in the articles themselves about repair and replacement, links are made to each other, which loops the linking and increases the popularity of specific requests. Thanks to this, when the next person drives in the search for a replacement headlight for a Peugeot, this particular article will already be one of the first.
- Competent linking significantly increases the level of site indexing for search engines. Thanks to this, new articles that appear will be indexed faster and get into search queries faster, and the site, as a whole, will become more visited and in demand.
- If you consider that a competent information site contains several hundred high-quality and original texts, it may be trite for the user to find the material they need among them. Linking will increase the speed of visitors' work several times, saving them from wasting their own time and irritation. There are a number of other reasons, but it is enough to even mention these to clearly demonstrate why linking is so important for a site that wants to become popular and in demand. Separately, the owner of the resource should understand the types of linking, since there are quite a lot of them, and each has its own features and advantages. But the main link in this whole chain was and remains precisely the texts. Without competent information texts, the whole idea loses its meaning. Why make the clutch repair page authoritative if there is no relevant information on the topic on the page itself? Therefore, initially it is necessary to take care of the content of the site and the quality of the content that will be presented. And the A-Feed plugin can help in this matter.
In order to initially expect that the site pages will be reflected in search feeds, it is necessary to make sure that the articles presented are informative and unique. It depends on the quality and originality of the material whether the resource can claim a leading position in its segment. Everyone can copy a good article from a competitor, but what's the point if the work is not unique? Search engines will not consider such articles at all, which is why we can only hope that someday, quite by chance, a random person will visit the resource.
To prepare unique, ready-made texts, site owners can use several ways, including trying to do everything on their own or seek help from specialists. But there are serious disadvantages in these options, which is why they simply will not suit most users. To write a hundred articles on your own, you need several weeks of free time, which few people can afford. And to order a hundred thematic articles from copywriters, you need a lot of money – several tens of thousands of rubles. Not everyone will decide on that either. Therefore, the best choice would be to use an appropriate plugin that can quickly prepare the required number of texts, requiring only an initial payment for the program.
When choosing a suitable plugin for auto-filling the site, you should choose A-Feed, since with it the user will receive a number of obvious advantages:
- It is much cheaper than the help of specialists. Maintaining one site with A-Feed will cost 2,900 rubles. There are also packages for three and five sites. But if you need to take care of a different amount of resources, it is enough to purchase several suitable options. This is the cost of the premium version, which contains all the necessary advantages. There is also an option to use the free version, but its functionality is quite limited. The cost is one-time, without the need to pay again in the future or pay for additional services.
- The plugin independently analyzes and studies all WordPress sites around the world. The user prescribes all RSS feeds where you can find the appropriate information, indicates the key queries that you should focus on, after which the plugin will do everything itself. Suitable works will be found in any language and translated through the Yandex.Cloud service. To enhance the uniqueness, the text can be translated several times using the hypertranslation function. Thus, any article from any site can become unique, provided that the portal has not installed copy protection.
- For example, if we talk about the same Peugeot cars, it would be logical to assume that the most complete information is on French websites. After viewing several of them, the user adds the appropriate ones to the RSS feed and the plugin gets to work. At the same time, with such a popular topic, there may be a problem that someone has already translated an interesting article, and it is not unique again. In this case, the plugin will first translate the text from French to German, then to English, and then to Russian. Thus, by replacing synonyms and excluding introductory constructions, it will be possible not only to ensure uniqueness, but also to reduce the water content of the text.
- The plugin can publish the found and prepared texts immediately on the specified pages, or pre-place them in a draft for possible editing. Autofill of the site through the plugin guarantees the uniqueness of texts and the placement of all necessary articles to create competent linking in the future. At the same time, all submitted works will have the necessary information to interest the reader and convince him to stay on the site longer.